Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Less People Know About Us: A Mystery of Betrayal, Family Secrets, and Stolen IdentityThe Less People Know About Us: A Mystery of Betrayal, Family Secrets, and Stolen Identity by Axton Betz-Hamilton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once I started it I couldn’t do anything else. This feisty young woman is from my hometown. I am aware that her portrayal of our area, Jay County, IN has angered some people but I guess when I read it I didn’t take it personally because I knew she was seeing her world as indoctrinated by her mother. I do hate it that her childhood was so dysfunctional. This is a fascinating memoir but also a good view at the lives of a family torn apart by mental illness and deceit. How terrible to find out that one whom you have trusted and adored your whole life has hurt you to your very core with no sign of remorse. Ms Betz-Hamilton has taken identity theft to heart and made it her occupation to help victims.
UPDATE
I went with friends to her presentation at Arts Place in Portland, IN which is where she graduated from high school. She is a pretty, articulate young woman. It was an excellent presentation both about her life and about identity theft happens. I had a nice little chat with her after and I hope she enjoyed her visit as much as I did.

View all my reviews,

No comments:

Post a Comment